Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does Airplay not work right for me since upgrading to Monterey?

I upgraded my Macbook Pro to Monterey and my Apple TV 4k to iOS 15 and now airplay seems to be all screwed up. I can sort of get airplay to work (but poorly and distorted() but when I try to quit I can't. I have to put the MacBook to sleep to disconnect. There used to be a way to turn it on or off from the toolbar. Also, From some apps like Youtube I could access airplay mirroring from within the app and so continue using the MacBook for other duties while watching an airplay on Apple TV. I can no longer do that. Is there some setting I have screwed up on the Macbook or the Apple TV???

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 15

Posted on Dec 27, 2021 6:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2021 4:50 AM

Is " Screen Mirror " enabled in " Notifications & Focus " of System Preferences ?

It should appear in the Menu Bar .

If enable and see if one can Stop or start Screen Mirror will solve your issue.

5 replies

Dec 28, 2021 6:37 AM in response to PRP_53

I could see no way to enable "Screen Mirror" in "Notifications & Focus", as there was no such item, but your advice was very helpful because I did a search for the words "Screen Mirror" in the system preferences and it sent me to the "Dock and Menu Bar" preference where I found "Screen Mirroring" And was able to check "show in menu bar" and "always". That did the trick! Thank you so much!

Why does Airplay not work right for me since upgrading to Monterey?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.