Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

This appears to only work with the Apple Music subscription not your own music collection.

This appears to only work with the Apple Music subscription. Lyrics don't appear to be available from your own music collection. Is this the case? Or am I missing something?

Posted on Dec 28, 2021 11:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2021 1:03 PM

If you want timed-synced lyrics, then yes you need an Apple Music subscription. You can add your own custom lyrics (or get them from the internet) to your songs in the music library of your computer and then sync those go your iPhone or iPad. See the 'Enter song lyrics' section in:

View and enter lyrics in Music on Mac - Apple Support

or

Enter and view lyrics in iTunes on PC - Apple Support

And see:

Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using your computer - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2021 1:03 PM in response to scottmoore_seattle2

If you want timed-synced lyrics, then yes you need an Apple Music subscription. You can add your own custom lyrics (or get them from the internet) to your songs in the music library of your computer and then sync those go your iPhone or iPad. See the 'Enter song lyrics' section in:

View and enter lyrics in Music on Mac - Apple Support

or

Enter and view lyrics in iTunes on PC - Apple Support

And see:

Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using your computer - Apple Support

Dec 28, 2021 5:10 PM in response to javaliga

I understand all this. I also understand that time-synced lyrics require a subscription to Apple Music, and I understand how to enter lyrics in Music on a Mac. I also understand that I can then sync to my iphone, iPad and iPod using my computer.

However, I cannot display those lyrics on the Apple TV. How can I view my lyrics from my computer on my Apple TV? I can play music from my Mac Pro on my Apple TV, but I can't view the lyrics that I have entered on my Apple Computer.

thanks

This appears to only work with the Apple Music subscription not your own music collection.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.