Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers will not save to iCloud-backed directory

When I try to save my Numbers spreadsheet to an iCloud-backed directory, like Documents, Numbers returns immediately and lets me continue working. However, the document name in the title does not change to the save file name, and at some point a Beachball will occur. Numbers will not recover (at least if left for a few hours) and must be Force Quit. I have also had the entire system become non-responsive after this happens and is left for a while.

I've turned off the Numbers syncing in the iCloud preferences, turned off iCloud entirely, then later turned it back on, and reboot several times. iCloud has 1.5TB free, according to the Apple ID settings dialog.

Has anyone had this issue or, especially, found a solution?

Posted on Dec 29, 2021 3:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2021 6:38 PM

Are you running the latest Numbers and have you updated MacOS? (on Mac, the latest Numbers v 11.2, and MacOS is 12.1)

If not, you might try to update.

Another thing you could try: Uninstall Numbers (go to Launchpad, hold down the option key until the icons "quiver" and click the x by Numbers) then go to the Mac App Store and download it again.

SG

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2021 6:38 PM in response to togmahon

Are you running the latest Numbers and have you updated MacOS? (on Mac, the latest Numbers v 11.2, and MacOS is 12.1)

If not, you might try to update.

Another thing you could try: Uninstall Numbers (go to Launchpad, hold down the option key until the icons "quiver" and click the x by Numbers) then go to the Mac App Store and download it again.

SG

Numbers will not save to iCloud-backed directory

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.