Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I would like to switch my matched iTunes songs to Apple Music

With lossless audio, some of the songs that are in my library have a better quality than some of the music I have uploaded over the years. I would like to have the matched and downloaded songs replaced with the Apple Music versions, without doing them manually. I have about 18,000 songs in my library, so I have no interest in going one by one and taking hours and hours to do replace. Is there a way to do this?

Posted on Dec 29, 2021 6:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2021 1:08 AM

Hi,

There is no automatic way to do this. You don’t need to do this on a track to track basis. You can select multiple tracks and remove download then redownloading Apple Music version. Be aware that lossless tracks have DRM and will only be available whilst you have an active Apple Music subscription.

An alternative is to backup your existing library and create a separate library and use it to stream or download your music via Apple Music.

Jim

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 30, 2021 1:08 AM in response to stingr22

Hi,

There is no automatic way to do this. You don’t need to do this on a track to track basis. You can select multiple tracks and remove download then redownloading Apple Music version. Be aware that lossless tracks have DRM and will only be available whilst you have an active Apple Music subscription.

An alternative is to backup your existing library and create a separate library and use it to stream or download your music via Apple Music.

Jim

I would like to switch my matched iTunes songs to Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.