Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Scrolling affects multiple documents at once

When I have multiple Pages documents open, and I scroll (two finger) the document at the front, I can see that the Pages document behind it is also scrolling at the same time. This also makes the front document's scrolling both sluggish and jumpy, and it stops scrolling as soon as I lift my fingers, instead of gliding as it normally does.

Very annoying, not only for navigating my front document, but also because when I witch back to my other document it's no longer on the page where I left it.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Dec 30, 2021 4:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2021 7:04 AM

If you haven't already, update your Mac to macOS 11.6.2 and Pages v11.2.

I am not using a trackpad on my M1 mini running macOS 11.6.2, but on Monterey 12.1 and Pages v11.2, I have two Pages documents open with a four-page frontmost and the 190-page document behind it. A two-finger scroll of the top document does not cause the bottom document to scroll (at all) on my 16-inch M1 Pro MacBook Pro.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 31, 2021 7:04 AM in response to jameskrieg

If you haven't already, update your Mac to macOS 11.6.2 and Pages v11.2.

I am not using a trackpad on my M1 mini running macOS 11.6.2, but on Monterey 12.1 and Pages v11.2, I have two Pages documents open with a four-page frontmost and the 190-page document behind it. A two-finger scroll of the top document does not cause the bottom document to scroll (at all) on my 16-inch M1 Pro MacBook Pro.

Scrolling affects multiple documents at once

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.