Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Right Click doesn't work after Monterey 12.1 update

Hi,

title says it I think. After the Update to 12.1 the right click or even drag and drop doesnt work with any mouse I tried anymore. Working fine on Windows Bootcamp, but not on mac anymore. It is impossible to work. Tried new install the device, other mouse. It is MX Masters 2S.

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 12.1

Posted on Jan 1, 2022 10:12 AM

7 replies

Jan 1, 2022 10:34 AM in response to dimes15

Give this a try: boot into Safe Mode according to How to use safe mode on your Mac and test to see if the problem persists. Reboot normally and test again.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to 3 - 5 minutes as it's doing the following; 

• Verifies your startup disk and attempts to repair directory issues, if needed

• Loads only required kernel extensions (prevents 3rd party kernel/extensions from loading)

• Prevents Startup Items and Login Items from opening automatically

• Disables user-installed fonts 

• Deletes font caches, kernel cache, and other system cache files

Jan 3, 2022 12:29 AM in response to PRP_53

Hi,

thank you all for your help. In the end nothing else worked and I set it back via Time Machine to the 12.0.1 Monterey where everything worked. And well it works again.

Tried it on the iPad as well and the mouse worked there. So I only can say it has to been the 12.1 update.

thank you all for your help.

Jan 2, 2022 2:47 AM in response to dimes15

https://www.logitech.com/en-us/eol/mx-master-2s-mouse.910-005131.html

And see zero Regarding Monterey macOS 12

• SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

• Unifying USB Receiver
    • Required : Available USB port 
    • Windows® 7,8,10 or later
    • macOS® 10.13 or later
    • Linux® 
  • Bluetooth
    • Required: Bluetooth® low energy technology 
    • Windows 8,10 or later
    • macOS 10.13 or later
  • iPadOS® 13.1 or later 4
    • Pointing, clicking, and scrolling will be supported by enabling the “Assistive Touch” accessibility feature.
    • Linux

Jan 2, 2022 1:09 AM in response to PRP_53

Morning. Thank you for your answers. I tried first the safe mode suggestion last night. Sadly it didn’t change in the safe mode nor when indie a reboot. Same issue.

i also tried before. With ans without the Logitec software on make, downloaded the latest version. No change. In the 12.0.1 update it worked. It first came since the update 12.1.

for me the only other option it seems is to downgrade again at the moment.

Jan 3, 2022 2:40 AM in response to dimes15

In addition to my latest post how I did solve it.

Part of me didn't want to let it go..so I installed the 12.1. Update again...same problem, no right click possible, no drag and drop anymore. But this time I just thought I will try to update it to 12.2 Beta...and here it works. Just in case someone reads this after having the same issue. I am not sure if that is now only related to my device and my set-up.

Right Click doesn't work after Monterey 12.1 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.