Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot retrieve emails from Time Machine

I'm trying to retrieve a deleted email on my Mac. I open Mail on the screen and then click on Time Machine. It used to be that Time Machine would then open its Mail backups, now it opens the Desktop Backups. This seems to have happened since I've installed Monterey. How can I retrieve my emails? Otherwise Time Machine is working fine.

Posted on Jan 1, 2022 11:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2022 11:58 AM

That feature has been dropped from Mail and Time Machine. The best we can do is restore the entire User/Libreary/Mail folder and then go thru it to try to find the deleted email. There are mailboxes in the Mail folder which might help narrow the search down a bit but only if the email was stored in a mailbox for a bit before deleting. If it was deleted from the Inbox I don't think it would have been backed up by TM.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 1, 2022 11:58 AM in response to WRabbit999

That feature has been dropped from Mail and Time Machine. The best we can do is restore the entire User/Libreary/Mail folder and then go thru it to try to find the deleted email. There are mailboxes in the Mail folder which might help narrow the search down a bit but only if the email was stored in a mailbox for a bit before deleting. If it was deleted from the Inbox I don't think it would have been backed up by TM.

Cannot retrieve emails from Time Machine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.