Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

One Song On Album I Purchased Has Not Downloaded But Says "Purchased"

I spent an hour reading through various threads on this issue but could not find an answer that worked. I have purchased the full album Green Day - American Idiot. Track 6, the song St. Jimmy, did not download to my desktop or iPhone.

When I view the album on the iTunes Store I can see the track there but it says "purchased" with grayed out text. Download is not among the options in the drop down menu to the right of where it says purchased. I am stumped as to how to get this one song to download.

Reading other threads on this issue I tried the following without success:

1) In Music I tried "Remove Download" and then re-downloading the album. The song was still missing.

2) I looked in the Music folder on my hard drive. I can see the .m4a files for all the others songs on the album but this one.

3) In iTunes I went to "Purchased" and "Not In My Library" and clicked "Download All" in the lower right. I found a few songs that I had not downloaded to my desktop but the one I am trying to download was not among them.

4) In iTunes I went to "Complete My Album" but this album was not one of the options--I have already purchased the full album.

Mac mini, OS X 10.10

Posted on Jan 1, 2022 11:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2022 12:01 AM

Hi,

Have you tried to unhide purchase? Hide and unhide music, movies, TV shows, audiobooks, and books - Apple Support

Jim

Similar questions

1 reply

One Song On Album I Purchased Has Not Downloaded But Says "Purchased"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.