You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

tvOS 18 is now available

Updates elevate cinematic experiences and make it even easier to manage the home. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot setup HomePod Mini after hard reset

I hard reset both of my HomePod Mini's. One of them works fine afterwards. The other refuses to get back to work. The setup process always ended with 'Setup Failed (301014)'. Some threads here suggested it's caused by network isolation. I don't have that on my network and the other HomePod mini completed the setup fine anyway. I tried resetting it using two Mac's, but I got the error 'The HomePod software update server could not be contacted. An unknown error occurred (-39).' on both.

Does anyone know if there is anyway to get around these errors? It's now a large paperweight on the desk. 😢

Posted on Jan 2, 2022 9:35 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2022 10:13 AM

See:  do if you can't set up HomePod.

Try set up with your iOS device that’s running 15.2, If it’s not working try restarting your device.

Or reboot your wifi router and reset network settings on the iOS device in settings- general- reset- reset network settings . This will restart the device and you will need to rejoin your network. Once it’s back on wifi try set up again.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 2, 2022 10:13 AM in response to Whatzup

See:  do if you can't set up HomePod.

Try set up with your iOS device that’s running 15.2, If it’s not working try restarting your device.

Or reboot your wifi router and reset network settings on the iOS device in settings- general- reset- reset network settings . This will restart the device and you will need to rejoin your network. Once it’s back on wifi try set up again.

Jan 6, 2022 10:20 AM in response to Vancouver22

Thanks Vancover22! I tried everything you suggested and it didn't solve the problem. I waited for a couple days and tried again today hoping for some luck. The same error repeated as I tried setting it up with multiple IOS devices, until I got to one of my iPads. It suddenly worked. It's a mystery. I'm not going to touch it for now.

Cannot setup HomePod Mini after hard reset

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.