Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notification on Calendard with "commit"

Hello together

I just switched to a Iphone 13 Pro max with IOS 15. On some android smartphones it was possible to have Calendard Notifications which need to be "commited". So they were more like an alarm.

Is it possible to achieve this on IOS 15 as well (even with thirdparty apps)? I downloaded the google calendard but it seems to use the same settings as the preinstalled calendar.

What I want to achieve is that I can set a calendard notification to lets say n minutes before the appointment and when the notification/alarm goes off it shall make noise and vibrate as long as I unlock the phone and "commit" it. So my phone makes sure I see the appointment, otherwise the chance is quite high that I miss it.

Greetings and thanks for your help!

Alex

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Jan 3, 2022 12:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2022 6:14 AM

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Community aschaepper,

We understand you'd like more control over the notification options for Calendar events.

For the Apple Calendar app, you can find guidance on managing available notification options, here: Keep track of events in Calendar on iPhone

You can also manage alerts for Calendars on iCloud.com: Set an alert for a calendar event on iCloud.com

For assistance with the options available in other calendar apps, like Google Calendar, we recommend contacting the developer of the app. They'll be the most familiar with the software they developer for iOS, and all the options available for it.

We hope this helps!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2022 6:14 AM in response to aschaepper

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Community aschaepper,

We understand you'd like more control over the notification options for Calendar events.

For the Apple Calendar app, you can find guidance on managing available notification options, here: Keep track of events in Calendar on iPhone

You can also manage alerts for Calendars on iCloud.com: Set an alert for a calendar event on iCloud.com

For assistance with the options available in other calendar apps, like Google Calendar, we recommend contacting the developer of the app. They'll be the most familiar with the software they developer for iOS, and all the options available for it.

We hope this helps!

Notification on Calendard with "commit"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.