Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Did not password protect my document but Preview is asking for a password to open it now

Hi

I am filling out a very long form and the last version I saved seems to now be password protected. I never added a password to the document but now it won't let me or anyone else open it without the owner password, which I do not have.

I'd be grateful for your advice.

Carolina

Posted on Jan 3, 2022 8:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2022 3:27 AM

CarolinaArb wrote:

Hi
I am filling out a very long form and the last version I saved seems to now be password protected. I never added a password to the document but now it won't let me or anyone else open it without the owner password, which I do not have.

Carolina

From whom has the long form come from ?

If the form was an external source, they may have added restrictions to the form that will not allow the the recipient to make changes and save the changes to the form. Thusly, the password prompt is presented to you the " Recipient" of the form.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2022 3:27 AM in response to CarolinaArb

CarolinaArb wrote:

Hi

Carolina

From whom has the long form come from ?

If the form was an external source, they may have added restrictions to the form that will not allow the the recipient to make changes and save the changes to the form. Thusly, the password prompt is presented to you the " Recipient" of the form.

Did not password protect my document but Preview is asking for a password to open it now

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.