Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

notability file lost

I lost a single file during a notability’s crash. I was multitasking 3 files, one of them had an iCloud loading icon froze during my last editing on that file. It isn’t backup to my google drive, andcannot be found since then. Not in the trashcan in notability or iCloud Drive, while the other 2 file(much smaller size) stay where they should be. I can only assume it kind of disappeared when notability tries to sync with iCloud or some steps were interrupted when I swiped away the frozen notability app

To this time I’ve tried to restart my iPad and also reset it to my last iCloud backup but the file still did not come back. Also, after the reset, some notes established after my last iCloud backup still can be found, I’m curious if there’s a way to reset everything back to the time my file still exist.

Posted on Jan 4, 2022 9:34 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Jan 5, 2022 9:14 AM in response to Domozoso

Hello Domozoso,

Thanks for that info and for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If we understand correctly, you are unable to recover a file in the Notability app on your iPad. To help with this, please see if the steps in any of these resources from Notability help with your situation and then contact Notability directly for help with their app:

Restoring Notes After Deleting Notability - Notability

Troubleshooting iCloud Sync - Notability

Recovering Deleted Notes - Notability

Notability

Cheers!

notability file lost

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.