Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to set apps on a dedicated display

I'm running two displays to my Macbook Pro. The dedicated apps that I'd like to set to my secondary display don't always remember to show up on the selected display. When I right-click on the app in the dock, both "Display 2" AND "None" are selected.

How do I get these apps to always remember my preference?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Jan 4, 2022 11:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2022 11:40 AM

The new "repair disk permissions" is "boot into Safe Mode."

Startup in Safe Mode (maybe check if it works correctly while there), then restart normally and see if it works.

That clears some system caches (that's why it takes a while to boot) which may fix whatever weirdness has happened.

4 replies

Jan 5, 2022 10:41 AM in response to DamnShaneIsThatU

I don't have any idea how you managed to get more than one selected. I would imagine there is something related to having both set causing it to not work correctly. If you change it, what happens?

As to it remembering, do you disconnect monitors? If so, I would imagine it loses the connection because it has to go somewhere.

I don't run multiple displays anymore, so I don't have a way to test that theory.

How to set apps on a dedicated display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.