Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting IMac to scanner

Using IMac2021 with Monterey there is consistent failure to connect to a new Canon TR 8660 printer scanner, using either the Canon Scan Lite utility or Mac’s own IMage Capture. The report that regularly appears after searching for the scanner is to the effect “ Failure to connect to device (- 21345).” In other words my IMac cannot find the scanner function of the device that it consistently connects to through my wifi network for its printing function. Oddly enough, I can scan from the Canon from my IPhone ousting the Canon Scan app.

The inability to scan from the IMac is a significant loss o functionality when using other applications that permit me to load a freshly scanned doc, seemingly no OCR functionality either.

Is -21345 an error message?

If so what does it mean?

Is there a readily available remedy for absence of scan connectivity for either Canon utility or IMage Capture?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 5, 2022 5:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2022 7:19 PM

You’d need a copy of the latest scan utility for your printer.. which is “IJ scan ulity Lite version3.31”… available here: https://www.canon.com.au/printers/pixma-home-office-tr8660/support

jb

Similar questions

1 reply

Connecting IMac to scanner

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.