Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safe mode fixed Big Sur?

A couple of weeks ago I decided I would finally move my 2013 MacBook Pro from Catalina to Big Sur (can't go to Monterey). I immediately noticed performance issues, especially in Mail. Obviously if I had searched the forums I would never have done it, but the deed was done and I dreaded the idea of going back. Searched the forums here for hints at a solution. Tried a few things to no avail, then saw a comment from a member who said that he noticed a massive improvement after his Safe Mode test. That's all he did - start in Safe Mode. Of course I thought there was more to it, but it was an easy thing to do. Well, lo and behold - it really worked! Mail was a particular dog and it's working fine now.

So why did a restart in Safe Mode fix Big Sur performance?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Jan 7, 2022 3:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2022 4:16 PM

Maybe reading the text under the title(How to use safe mode on your Mac)will help you answer your question. It tells you what it does. Read it below:

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies

Safe mode fixed Big Sur?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.