Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery health dropped by 1% in 3 months

Can someone help me understand, as my battery health dropped by 1% in just 3 months.. I am using my phone in proper charging way but still this issue.. why is it so ?

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 9, 2022 6:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2022 6:21 PM

What's the problem? Apple rates iPhone batteries for a typical 80% battery health after 500 complete charge-discharge cycles. Granted, everything is simplified into a model where there's a lot of variation, but 1% after 3 months sound normal. I've heard of better than that, but I've certainly heard of worse. Batteries also have manufacturing variations, where I've heard of some that quickly updated to 98-99% while others might have even reported more than 100% (where the value is just the rated value).

Batteries are wear items. They will inevitably decline in battery health.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 9, 2022 6:21 PM in response to pdskumar

What's the problem? Apple rates iPhone batteries for a typical 80% battery health after 500 complete charge-discharge cycles. Granted, everything is simplified into a model where there's a lot of variation, but 1% after 3 months sound normal. I've heard of better than that, but I've certainly heard of worse. Batteries also have manufacturing variations, where I've heard of some that quickly updated to 98-99% while others might have even reported more than 100% (where the value is just the rated value).

Batteries are wear items. They will inevitably decline in battery health.

Battery health dropped by 1% in 3 months

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.