Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can not upload GoPro footage from SD card to iMovies

Recently I have had an issue importing GoPro video to iMovies. I click on import and I can see my SD card and the footage. I click import and it goes into project media. I can see the footage and edit but its like it never leaves the SD card. When Im finished and try to share the project it says "This item cannot be shared while it is still referencing media on the camera" Its like it can read the SD carb but not upload it. I don't get the blue circle that shows it upload status when adding video to my project. I have made about a dozen movies in the past and uploaded them to Youtube so Im not sure what Im messed up.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jan 10, 2022 9:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2022 10:03 AM

Possibly the SD card is still plugged in after importing, in which case you should remove the memory card or disconnect the camera.

EDIT: If still no luck, try dragging the clips from the SD card to your desktop, and from there importing into iMovie.

-- Rich

1 reply

Can not upload GoPro footage from SD card to iMovies

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.