Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cloud music library playlists can only contain...

Good day, all.

I am having a new issue with iTunes. I have downloaded files on my computer (not purchased from iTunes). I can import them into iTunes, but when I try to add them to a playlist, it gives me the following error: "Cloud Music Library playlists can only contain songs from your Cloud Music Library. If you continue, XYZ will be removed from your Cloud Music Library and will only be available on this computer."

Not sure if this matters, but I use iTunes Match and it is turned on for all my devices. This had never been a problem before now.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 10, 2022 7:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2022 7:32 PM

Ah, we're getting somewhere. The tracks need to say either Matched or Uploaded before they can be added to a cloud playlist. Try File > Library > Update Cloud Library. You may need to repeat this action a few times until all waiting tracks have been processed.

tt2

Similar questions

11 replies

Jan 30, 2022 2:17 PM in response to joefarmer

There seems to be an issue at the moment affecting some users where updates in the library on a computer don't get committed to the cloud, and the library later reverts to the cloud version. Short of making your edits on another device, or at least making a single edit and checking that it gets replicated elsewhere before making more changes, I don't know what to suggest.

tt2

Cloud music library playlists can only contain...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.