Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My AirPods Pro case won't work unless plugged in

My airpods pro case won't work unless plugged in.

When not plugged in it is unable to wireless charge, charge the airpods, display the battery on the phone when the lid is open, the case battery light indicator doesn’t show light unless it’s being charged. As soon as I disconnect it from the charger the light disappears and won't charge the airpods.

When unplugged it acts as if it was dead with 0% battery but plugged in it says 100%. I tried factory resetting them a few times and even charging them overnight and it still doesn’t work.

When plugged in these functions work 

(besides wireless charging since its already plugged in).

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 11, 2022 7:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2022 7:48 AM

Hello martakl,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

We understand your AirPods Pro case won't charge when not plugged in. We can provide some guidance.

To start, please complete each step here: If your AirPods won’t charge

Did you also try resetting your AirPods? How to reset your AirPods and AirPods Pro

If you still can’t charge your AirPods without them being plugged in, contact Apple Support.

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2022 7:48 AM in response to martakl

Hello martakl,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

We understand your AirPods Pro case won't charge when not plugged in. We can provide some guidance.

To start, please complete each step here: If your AirPods won’t charge

Did you also try resetting your AirPods? How to reset your AirPods and AirPods Pro

If you still can’t charge your AirPods without them being plugged in, contact Apple Support.

Take care.

My AirPods Pro case won't work unless plugged in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.