Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you sync your IPod Touch to Apple Music account

I cannot sync my Apple Music or ITunes to my IPod Touch. Any advice?

Posted on Jan 11, 2022 10:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2022 10:19 AM

Apple Music and iTunes Sync are 2 different things, with 2 different approaches for syncing that exclude each other entirely.

If you are using the Apple Music Subscription service, then you need to log in with the same Apple ID on the iPod touch, and turn on Sync Library in Settings->Music on the iPod.

Link-> Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music - Apple Support

If you want to sync with an iTunes Library on a computer, then "Sync Library" must be turned off on the iPod (as counterintuitive as it sounds) and on the computer.

Link-> Use iTunes to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2022 10:19 AM in response to Ipod4thsync

Apple Music and iTunes Sync are 2 different things, with 2 different approaches for syncing that exclude each other entirely.

If you are using the Apple Music Subscription service, then you need to log in with the same Apple ID on the iPod touch, and turn on Sync Library in Settings->Music on the iPod.

Link-> Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music - Apple Support

If you want to sync with an iTunes Library on a computer, then "Sync Library" must be turned off on the iPod (as counterintuitive as it sounds) and on the computer.

Link-> Use iTunes to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer - Apple Support

How do you sync your IPod Touch to Apple Music account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.