Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MacBook Air M1 can't find the new MacOs Monterey and facetime, imessage and appstore do not work

What can I do?

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Jan 11, 2022 4:05 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

Jan 12, 2022 6:38 AM in response to Is2596

Is2596 wrote:

I have mac OS Big Sur 11.4
Can't log into my Apple ID in any app neither in system preferences, it says "not available try later" or that there has been an error in the authentication process. In iTunes the music doesn't load, in app Store, stays in white and then says it is not available for now, and so on.

Do you mean can not log into the Computer ? That is very different to Apple ID ? Can you log into https://appleid.apple.com/ with your Apple ID and Password ?

If you can't reset your Mac login password

iTunes does not exist as iTunes as of Catalina, Big Sur and Monterey.

As previous posting indicated - Big Sur 11.4 is outdated. From observations on these Forums - unless the computer is Fi=ully Updated to latest version of Big Sur 11.6.2 released Dec 13, 2021 - many user experience a failed Mony=terey upGrade.

Jan 12, 2022 3:02 AM in response to Is2596

Use wrote " My MacBook Air M1 can't find the new MacOs Monterey and facetime, imessage and appstore do not work"

What version of macOS is installed on this computer ?  

Use About this Mac from the Apple Icon on Desktop - the required Information will be there.

The Apple Apps Store does not work in what way ?

Is it presenting an error message ?

If so, , what does the error message saying ?

Jan 12, 2022 4:38 AM in response to PRP_53

I have mac OS Big Sur 11.4

Can't log into my Apple ID in any app neither in system preferences, it says "not available try later" or that there has been an error in the authentication process. In iTunes the music doesn't load, in app Store, stays in white and then says it is not available for now, and so on.

Jan 12, 2022 6:08 AM in response to Is2596

Do you have enough free disk space?

If upgrading from HIgh Sierra and later your Mac needs up to 44GB of available storage.

Also uninstall any antivirus and "cleaning" apps before trying installing again.

Some users have problem with not updating to the latest version of Big Sur before upgrading to Monterey. Try fully updating BIg Sur first.

My MacBook Air M1 can't find the new MacOs Monterey and facetime, imessage and appstore do not work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.