Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2017 Macbook Air

I am very frustrated with the limitations of this machine. I have cleaned everything that I can and still don't have enough storage to upgrade OS. There is a file marked "other" that is consuming 65GB of storage, that and the system are almost 100GB out of a 128GB disc.

Recommendations?

Thanks.

MacBook Air

Posted on Jan 12, 2022 8:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2022 8:59 AM

jmichaelbutts wrote:

I am very frustrated with the limitations of this machine. I have cleaned everything that I can and still don't have enough storage to upgrade OS. There is a file marked "other" that is consuming 65GB of storage, that and the system are almost 100GB out of a 128GB disc.
Recommendations?
Thanks.

You have the minimum spec computer with respect to storage. If you need more storage you will need to sell your computer and get one with larger storage capacity.

Try the suggestions here: Free up storage space on your Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2022 8:59 AM in response to jmichaelbutts

jmichaelbutts wrote:

Recommendations?
Thanks.

You have the minimum spec computer with respect to storage. If you need more storage you will need to sell your computer and get one with larger storage capacity.

Try the suggestions here: Free up storage space on your Mac - Apple Support

2017 Macbook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.