Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Overheating and Loud

Hey, so recently my MacBook pro has been running hot and loud. When I check the vents I can feel hot air blowing out of the right side. Even the keys are warm to the touch. It's not really running slowly either. What can I do to fix this problem?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Jan 13, 2022 11:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2022 10:25 AM

Run the Apple Diagnostics to see if any hardware issues are detected.

To look for possible software issues, then run EtreCheck and post the report here using the "Additional Text" icon which looks like a piece of paper. If you give EtreCheck "Full Disk Access", then a summary of the recent logs will also be included which may hold additional clues.

If you have an Intel Mac, then you can try an SMC reset. Also try disconnecting all external devices in case one of them is causing a problem. Sometimes a computer/OS just needs to be restarted once in a while. How long has it been since you rebooted the laptop?

The USB-M Apple laptops do run hot so this may be perfectly normal depending on what you are doing on the laptop at the time.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 14, 2022 10:25 AM in response to RayeRayee

Run the Apple Diagnostics to see if any hardware issues are detected.

To look for possible software issues, then run EtreCheck and post the report here using the "Additional Text" icon which looks like a piece of paper. If you give EtreCheck "Full Disk Access", then a summary of the recent logs will also be included which may hold additional clues.

If you have an Intel Mac, then you can try an SMC reset. Also try disconnecting all external devices in case one of them is causing a problem. Sometimes a computer/OS just needs to be restarted once in a while. How long has it been since you rebooted the laptop?

The USB-M Apple laptops do run hot so this may be perfectly normal depending on what you are doing on the laptop at the time.

Overheating and Loud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.