Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keychain comments are not saved

When I enter information in the comments section of a Keychain box, it is erased if I use that keychain to login to that website. Why is that?.

iMac 21.5″ 4K, macOS 12.1

Posted on Jan 14, 2022 9:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2022 12:22 PM

I just had a long, interesting chat and phone discussion with Apple Support. The bottom line is that Keychain for macOS and the designers. The users are better off leaving the comments section alone and making them somewhere else. I had to agree. The system WILL eventually reset and modify keychains and those comments will be lost.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 14, 2022 12:22 PM in response to leroydouglas

I just had a long, interesting chat and phone discussion with Apple Support. The bottom line is that Keychain for macOS and the designers. The users are better off leaving the comments section alone and making them somewhere else. I had to agree. The system WILL eventually reset and modify keychains and those comments will be lost.

Jan 14, 2022 11:22 AM in response to danuke

danuke wrote:

Thank you for your reply,
If the password was changed perhaps that would be acceptable, but then again changing the entire thing acceptable . Why even have a comments section? It seems that deleting the whole thing is too much; the comments are a great place for slipping in a hint or reminders.

you can submit your Apple Feedback

https://www.apple.com/feedback/macos.html

Keychain comments are not saved

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.