Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hello apple, is it possible to convert m4p file form apple music to mp3 format? because when I do do using iTunes a message appear telling me that protected files can not be converted

is it possible to convert m4p file form apple music to mp3 format? because when I do do using iTunes a message appear telling me that protected files can not be converted

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jan 14, 2022 11:12 AM

3 replies

Feb 7, 2022 9:41 PM in response to javaliga

I havent used Itunes for a very long time. I just found several songs on a external drive from 2008. They are m4p files.

So I just installed iTunes to listen to them.

I originally copied them from their cassette tapes - or purchased from iTunes - so they are my property. Back then I played them all the time. I have never had a subscription. Yet your app will not play them. Can you help me either play or convert them to mp4?

Hello apple, is it possible to convert m4p file form apple music to mp3 format? because when I do do using iTunes a message appear telling me that protected files can not be converted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.