Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone Xs max acting glitchy

My iphone xs max is acting crazy. it will only respond to some of my touch commands and then it will open up apps all on its own, it will text random letters and reply to texts. I have let it run out of battery and power all the way down (it would not allow me to turn off the normal way). After recharging, it continues to have a mind of it's own

Posted on Jan 14, 2022 11:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2022 11:41 AM

Hi,

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your iPhone.

Does the product have any accidental or liquid damage? If so, the issues you are having could be due to this.

If there is no accidental or liquid damage, confirm you are running the latest iOS 15.2.1. If you are not, update your iPhone and see if the issue persists.

If it does, I would recommend contacting Apple Support for further assistance, and to possibly run diagnostics.

Hope this helps.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 14, 2022 11:41 AM in response to annefromloganville

Hi,

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your iPhone.

Does the product have any accidental or liquid damage? If so, the issues you are having could be due to this.

If there is no accidental or liquid damage, confirm you are running the latest iOS 15.2.1. If you are not, update your iPhone and see if the issue persists.

If it does, I would recommend contacting Apple Support for further assistance, and to possibly run diagnostics.

Hope this helps.

Jan 14, 2022 11:24 AM in response to annefromloganville

More than likely your digitizer is failing. It converts contact to digital inputs. Some call it "ghost touch" where it seems to operate on its own, jitter back and forth, or just not take many real inputs. Apple's fix for that would be a complete replacement of the front screen assembly.

There are other reasons including a bad connector or even issues with the touch control chip or connection to it, but that's not as common as just the digitizer going bad.

Iphone Xs max acting glitchy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.