Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Faulty HDMI port or Software issues?

I recently bought the new base model macbook pro 14” and have been testing out the HDMI port. At first everything seem to run smoothly transferring the imagine from the macbook to my tv but once i started to play music and video content i realized no audio was coming through. When i tried playing apple music, it would sound the same when you are losing signal on a phone call while fast forwardIng at the same time. I tried to fix it by going into the audio settings but nothing seemed to work. My only solution was to reboot the macbook which isn’t convenient for a new $2000 laptop i just bought. REBOOTING WORKED but like i said its not convenient to reboot everytime this occurs. Has anyone else experienced this? Do you have a solution? and would you recommend i return it?

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Jan 14, 2022 12:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2022 12:55 PM

If rebooting fixes it, more likely than not it is a software issue. I suggest you give feedback at Product Feedback - Apple. If you are still having this issue after various bug fixes have come out for Monterey, especially ones that mention this specifically, you should make use of your warranty. If you are completely unsatisfied, you can obviously return, but you will have a Apple Care warranty for 1 year with your Mac purchase, so if the issue persists, I’m sure you’ll be able to get a replacement / repair.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 14, 2022 12:55 PM in response to RicardoMonroyy

If rebooting fixes it, more likely than not it is a software issue. I suggest you give feedback at Product Feedback - Apple. If you are still having this issue after various bug fixes have come out for Monterey, especially ones that mention this specifically, you should make use of your warranty. If you are completely unsatisfied, you can obviously return, but you will have a Apple Care warranty for 1 year with your Mac purchase, so if the issue persists, I’m sure you’ll be able to get a replacement / repair.

Faulty HDMI port or Software issues?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.