Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacOS Monterey's dynamic wallpaper isn't working after reboot

Since the Monterey update, the dynamic wall paper does not work after reboot.

Sequence:

1- Reboot the MacBook Pro

2- Wallpaper is showing, but not in a dynamic way. It's only showing the default image of it.

3- After reboot and sign in, the toolbar and it's barely readable (white text with and gray toolbar colour)

4- Open the "Desktop and Screen Saver" settings, select the same dynamic wallpaper that was already selected (just click on the same that's already selected, no changes)

Before Click:

After Click:

5- Dynamic background works until the next reboot.

I'm on MacOS 12.1 (21C52), but was happening on the first Monterey version as well.

Any ideas if the problem is on my side of if I need to wait for a future update?

Thanks!

Posted on Jan 14, 2022 1:26 PM

3 replies

Jan 15, 2022 1:23 PM in response to SBuro

Hi there SBuro,

We understand that Dynamic Desktop images are not working as expected on your Mac. We’d be glad to assist. 

To confirm, are Location Services enabled and your Date & Time preferences set correctly?

If so, let’s see if Dynamic Desktop images work as expected in a new test user account.

Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

If everything is set up correctly and this happens in multiple user accounts, then we would recommend reaching out to Apple Support to get the best assistance going forward. 

Get Support

Take care!

MacOS Monterey's dynamic wallpaper isn't working after reboot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.