Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud doesn't back up music I've added to my laptop iTunes

I'm curious if anyone else has had this issue. I purchased a new new laptop and supposedly transferred everything over from my older laptop. I noticed that a lot of my iTunes music didn't transfer over to my new laptop iTunes. As I did some research, it seems that Apple iCloud doesn't backup "non-iTunes purchased music." Everything I loaded from CD's I have and had, was missing. Plus, Apple has also made it more difficult to add music to iTunes (unless it's purchased from the iTunes store.

Why am I paying for additional iCloud storage when all my music isn't being backed up?

Why do I have to pay to add some other application to my laptop that will back up non-iTunes store music?

And now, when I synced my iPhone to my new laptop, most of my music now has the wrong album cover associated with the music......

I'm not the brightest bulb, but I'm not a dope either....as far as I know. Why has Apple become very user unfriendly (my opinion)?

I just want to listen to my music and relax, why is that so difficult....

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Jan 14, 2022 7:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2022 4:55 AM

See Move your iTunes library to a new computer - Apple Community for the correct way to move your library from one computer to another. iCloud storage is used for data, photos, device backups, etc., but not your media. Apple has two services, iTunes Match and Apple Music, that can be used to host your music library in the cloud and sync it between devices and computers. These services are distinct from iCloud, and don't cover all the content that might be in your iTunes library.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 17, 2022 4:55 AM in response to JFOkie

See Move your iTunes library to a new computer - Apple Community for the correct way to move your library from one computer to another. iCloud storage is used for data, photos, device backups, etc., but not your media. Apple has two services, iTunes Match and Apple Music, that can be used to host your music library in the cloud and sync it between devices and computers. These services are distinct from iCloud, and don't cover all the content that might be in your iTunes library.

tt2

iCloud doesn't back up music I've added to my laptop iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.