Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Account and Password Reset Issue.

Dear Team, 

I created an iCloud account on last Sunday (9th Jan 2022) and logged into my MacBook Pro. I got a pop-up message like “The Apple ID is not active” when I logged into the system today. I tried to find my ID, as well as tried to reset my password however the system is not accepting my ID or password. Also I tried to sign out from iCloud within the “settings - system preferences“ in laptop but unable to do the sign out as well. 

Kindly help me to re-activate my iCloud account or please help me to sign out from the iCloud account so that I can create new appple id and configure in my MacBook Pro. 

Appreciate your quick response and help on this. Thanks in advance.

[Email Edited by Moderator]

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Jan 15, 2022 6:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2022 8:06 PM

Hi,

Did you complete the Apple ID account creation by confirming your email, as well as personal information when you set it up originally?

I would recommend trying to sign in to https://appleid.apple.com/.

If you are able to sign in, and need to verify your email, you will see a pop-up prompting you to resend the verification email.

Resend the email, check your email, and enter the verification code on the website.

If you have completed this already, check your personal information as well as payment information to make sure everything is filled out.

Note: You do not have to add a card on file if you do not want to, but you do need to add your shipping address.

Once everything is filled out, make sure you have reviewed the T&C to use your Apple ID in the iTunes & App Store.

On the Mac App Store, sign in with your Apple ID. You should receive a pop-up saying ‘This Apple ID has not yet been reviewed within the iTunes Store. Tap Review to continue.’

Tap Review > Agree to the terms and conditions > confirm your country/region and billing info > you should then receive a pop-up that the Apple ID account creation is complete.

You can now download apps and make purchases as normal.

However, if you are unable to sign in with your Apple ID online, try to reset your password on https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid.

If you still need help, contact Apple Support.

Hope this helps.

Resources

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 15, 2022 8:06 PM in response to karthick1983

Hi,

Did you complete the Apple ID account creation by confirming your email, as well as personal information when you set it up originally?

I would recommend trying to sign in to https://appleid.apple.com/.

If you are able to sign in, and need to verify your email, you will see a pop-up prompting you to resend the verification email.

Resend the email, check your email, and enter the verification code on the website.

If you have completed this already, check your personal information as well as payment information to make sure everything is filled out.

Note: You do not have to add a card on file if you do not want to, but you do need to add your shipping address.

Once everything is filled out, make sure you have reviewed the T&C to use your Apple ID in the iTunes & App Store.

On the Mac App Store, sign in with your Apple ID. You should receive a pop-up saying ‘This Apple ID has not yet been reviewed within the iTunes Store. Tap Review to continue.’

Tap Review > Agree to the terms and conditions > confirm your country/region and billing info > you should then receive a pop-up that the Apple ID account creation is complete.

You can now download apps and make purchases as normal.

However, if you are unable to sign in with your Apple ID online, try to reset your password on https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid.

If you still need help, contact Apple Support.

Hope this helps.

Resources

iCloud Account and Password Reset Issue.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.