Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

applecare transfer to exchanged Apple Watch 7

I received Apple watch 7 GPS and Applecare for Christmas. I need to exchange/return the watch for one with GPS and Cellular. Will I be able to transfer the Applecare to the new watch?

Apple Watch Series 7

Posted on Jan 16, 2022 9:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2022 9:28 AM

No. You will need to cancel the plan on the watch you currently own and set up a plan on the new watch.

You also need to see if your Christmas gift can still be returned. Apple did extend returns for holiday items to January 8th, which you're past.

See this from Apple:

Items purchased at the Apple Online Store that are received between November 1, 2021 and December 25, 2021, may be returned through January 8, 2022. Please note that all other terms and conditions provided in the Apple Online Store Sales and Refunds Policy are still applicable with respect to such items purchased. All purchases made after December 25, 2021 are subject to the Standard Return Policy.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 16, 2022 9:28 AM in response to stevemarseattle

No. You will need to cancel the plan on the watch you currently own and set up a plan on the new watch.

You also need to see if your Christmas gift can still be returned. Apple did extend returns for holiday items to January 8th, which you're past.

See this from Apple:

Items purchased at the Apple Online Store that are received between November 1, 2021 and December 25, 2021, may be returned through January 8, 2022. Please note that all other terms and conditions provided in the Apple Online Store Sales and Refunds Policy are still applicable with respect to such items purchased. All purchases made after December 25, 2021 are subject to the Standard Return Policy.

applecare transfer to exchanged Apple Watch 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.