Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Who should an attempted Phishing text message be sent to?

Both my husband and myself have been receiving suspicious text messages that we have not been responding to but wish to know to whom should these attempts be reported to. Should I try to contact Apple Support via any way?

The messages are always worded the same but from different phone numbers and different link numbers in order to "Clean your phone" ASAP. The message states "Your browsing history showed visits to unsecured websites. You now have (3) virus on your device.

We do not click onto the link. We do plan to report these attempts also to our cell phone service support.

We have not reported this issue to the FTC as of today.

Thank you for any and all assistance in this matter

iPhone X, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 17, 2022 9:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2022 10:25 AM

▷ Forward the text to reportphishing@apple.com for review. 

Similar questions

1 reply

Who should an attempted Phishing text message be sent to?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.