Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

inadvertently installed Monterey OS 12.1 on iMac (Retina 5K, 27 inch, 2017. Adobe Creative Cloud apps will not run. What are my options?

I inadvertently installed Monterey 12.1 on my iMac Retina 5k, 27" 2017 Serial #CO****1GG.

What can I do? Many applications will not run including my Adobe Creative Suite apps.

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 12.1

Posted on Jan 17, 2022 12:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2022 12:31 PM

You can:

1. Update, and maybe have to purchase updates for the apps to be compatible with Monterey.
  2. Downgrade to the macOS version that you had before

Downgrade to Big Sur

How to downgrade to Big Sur?

If you had older version then use same instructions but download the macOS version you need.

How to get old versions of macOS - Apple Support

3 Run the older version on a virtual machine such as VirtualBox or VMWare Fusion

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 17, 2022 12:31 PM in response to Paramark

You can:

1. Update, and maybe have to purchase updates for the apps to be compatible with Monterey.
  2. Downgrade to the macOS version that you had before

Downgrade to Big Sur

How to downgrade to Big Sur?

If you had older version then use same instructions but download the macOS version you need.

How to get old versions of macOS - Apple Support

3 Run the older version on a virtual machine such as VirtualBox or VMWare Fusion

inadvertently installed Monterey OS 12.1 on iMac (Retina 5K, 27 inch, 2017. Adobe Creative Cloud apps will not run. What are my options?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.