Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Excel dysfunction

With the most recent iOS update, my Excel app has not been responding or working the same way with the tabs or movement around the spreadsheet. Is there something different with the app that I need to somehow fix?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Jan 18, 2022 7:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2022 4:39 AM

collete2003 wrote:

With the most recent iOS update, my Excel app has not been responding or working the same way with the tabs or movement around the spreadsheet. Is there something different with the app that I need to somehow fix?

Begin with a forced-restart of your iPad - as this will often resolve post-update performance issues:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

If the issue you see is not remedied by a restart, you will need to see assistance with the App Developer - in this instance, Microsoft:

How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

You will also find help in the associated Microsoft Excel support pages for iPad:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/excel-for-ipad-help-6b5dc2e1-a8e4-48e6-bb69-cb9a3964bc91

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 19, 2022 4:39 AM in response to collete2003

collete2003 wrote:

Begin with a forced-restart of your iPad - as this will often resolve post-update performance issues:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

If the issue you see is not remedied by a restart, you will need to see assistance with the App Developer - in this instance, Microsoft:

How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

You will also find help in the associated Microsoft Excel support pages for iPad:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/excel-for-ipad-help-6b5dc2e1-a8e4-48e6-bb69-cb9a3964bc91

Jan 19, 2022 3:06 AM in response to collete2003

Hi collete2003, thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities.

I have the Microsoft Excel app version 2.57 and the other Microsoft apps on my iPad and they seem to work very well after the update with my version being iPadOS 15.2.1.

If they are not the same version on your iPad then please consider updating them and I have provided the following links that explain how to do this in more detail if needed:

You can also try to delete the Excel app and reinstall it to try and resolve your issue.

However, you can also use the Microsoft Office app to edit Excel spreadsheets and you may want to see if using this app has the same issue.

If the issue persists, you can also contact Apple Support.

You can do this as follows:

Excel dysfunction

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.