Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting Eizo CX271 to MacBook Pro with M1 Pro chip over HDMI

Hi,

how can I connect my Eizo CX271 to my MacBook Pro with M1 Pro chip over HDMI with the optimal resolution of 2560x1440? In the moment the monitor model is shown in "Displays" but the resolution is not available.

Thanks.

KD-1000

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Jan 20, 2022 9:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2022 3:43 AM

Hi Michael2019,

thanks for reply. I have seen the Eizo site and found it not to be helpful. It's literally just a way to say: Yeah, it works. :-)

But thanks to this I digged a liitle deaper and found the solution: I had to switch the signal format in the monitor menu for HDMI from "Video" to "PC". Sadly this submenu is hidden and you have to know how to get there. The procedure is explained in the CX271 User's Manual under "Adjusting screens -> To switch signal formats" So this is the solution!

Thanks for the hint and a fantastic day to you as well!

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 23, 2022 3:43 AM in response to MichaelB2019

Hi Michael2019,

thanks for reply. I have seen the Eizo site and found it not to be helpful. It's literally just a way to say: Yeah, it works. :-)

But thanks to this I digged a liitle deaper and found the solution: I had to switch the signal format in the monitor menu for HDMI from "Video" to "PC". Sadly this submenu is hidden and you have to know how to get there. The procedure is explained in the CX271 User's Manual under "Adjusting screens -> To switch signal formats" So this is the solution!

Thanks for the hint and a fantastic day to you as well!

Jan 21, 2022 12:14 PM in response to KD-1000

Hi KD-1000,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help connecting your monitor to the M1 Pro MacBook Pro with HDMI.

Have you see the Eizo site: Apple M1 series Chip Equipped Mac Computer and Monitor Compatibility? There does seem to be some compatibility issues and solutions with the M1 chip. There is also a download linked there.

You may want to contact their support to find out if there is a solution here: Contact EIZO.

Have a fantastic day!

Connecting Eizo CX271 to MacBook Pro with M1 Pro chip over HDMI

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.