Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods mic does not work on zoom

After working with no problem for two years, my AirPods made my voice sound scratchy and garbled—Like a mindless consumer, I went out and bought the new 3rd generation AirPods—They sound great— but the mic issue remains. I have done all the tricks and reboots and still nothing—This never happened until this week—really annoying I prefer attending meeting with headphones PLEASE FIX THIS Glitch, I have a invested heavily in Apple machines and expect better—I thought it was my AirPods but it is your glitch and I feel like I fool for buying a solution only to have same problem, please help

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Jan 20, 2022 6:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2022 12:32 PM

Doesn't work on MS Teams either--On Zoom, I use my laptop as my mic....but that means I cannot leave my desk. I am very annoyed with the inability to resolve this issue and feel bamboozled and disappointed with the level of service and the fact that this problem remains.

Similar questions

3 replies

Mar 7, 2022 12:14 PM in response to Mcgolis

I'm having the exact same problem with my AirPod Pros! As best I can tell, it started happening after the Monterey update. My AirPod Pros were having some other issues too so I thought it was their fault. However, I just got them replaced yesterday and though the problems with everything else was fixed, the problems with Zoom remain! So frustrating, as I need to use Zoom all the time and it is critical to have noise cancelling headphones for this due to my work environment. (I have other bluetooth headphones and they seem to work fine, but they are not noise cancelling.) I have tried everything suggested by Apple and on other forums, with no luck. I really don't understand why this is so hard for Apple to solve considering the whole world now uses Zoom...

Jan 22, 2022 9:27 AM in response to Mcgolis

Hi Mcgolis,

We see that you're currently having a problem with your mic quality on your AirPods.

First, check out the "Set Microphone to left, right, or automatic" section of this article: Change the settings of your AirPods and AirPods Pro. To further isolate the cause of the issue you're experiencing, change which AirPod is being used as a mic.

If you're also having trouble with the microphone on your iPhone, be sure to look over the steps in If the microphones on your iPhone aren't working. We want to make sure we can help get this resolved.

If you still need further assistance, click here to Get Support.

Take care!

AirPods mic does not work on zoom

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.