Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to stop ._ images from uploading on google drive iMac OS Big Sur 11.5.2

How do I stop ._ jpg images from uploading on google drive iMac OS Big Sur 11.5.2.

They are unnecessary and no one can open them anyway. Other than manually going in and deleting them after an upload to google drive, does anyone have a suggestion why this happens and what to do to prevent it?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Posted on Jan 21, 2022 8:34 AM

6 replies

Jan 21, 2022 10:47 AM in response to RuffnReddy

Well I can understand your frustration. Lets try the following:

It may help us get a good idea of what is causing your problem if you provide a report of your system, that way we do not have to play 20 questions with you. The report we are requesting does NOT provide any personal information and is extremely safe to use. Please navigate to www.Etrecheck.com and download the free version of EtreCheck. Once you have you downloaded the app and installed it, please run the report and save it.

When you have your report, you can attach it when you reply to this message and we can then review it and help you determine what is needed to get your system running well again.

For instructions on how to download your EtreCheck report and attach it to your reply to this message please click https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-250000211

Jan 21, 2022 11:35 AM in response to rkaufmann87

You have to delete them afterward, these are the normally hidden files that MacOS uses to store things like icon placement and thumbnails. AFAIK, there is no way to turn it off. Generally they are small and benign and only cause issues on devices like digital photo frames that simply choke and die when they try to treat these like real jpegs.

Jan 22, 2022 6:08 PM in response to Keith Barkley

Although I have deleted the images prior to sending, it's still a pain. I use Photoshop CC version 23.1.0 on a iMac, macOS Big Sur version 11.5.2, 3.2 GHz 6 - Core Intel Core i7.

I never had this issue until a couple years ago.

Everything I've been able to find out says it's a Mac issue. I think it's time to actually contact Apple to see what can be done if anything.

Thanks for all the help.

how to stop ._ images from uploading on google drive iMac OS Big Sur 11.5.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.