Related Article: How to download apps and content that your family members purchased

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family sharing options

I want family members purchases through Apple to be charged to EACH member's apple ID account (not charged to the organizer). But I would like family members to be able to share purchases (i.e., to make use of them rather than paying again). Can be done?

MacBook, macOS 11.5

Posted on Jan 23, 2022 9:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2022 9:52 AM

Family members can't add their own payment method. Only the organizer's card can be used. Buy/redeem Apple Gift cards to the account. Charges will be deducted from the account balance before the organizer's credit card is charged. The purchases can be shared.

Apple Card  -

Gift cards redeem.   *

Gift Card - can’t redeem.   *

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 23, 2022 9:52 AM in response to leavemealoneagain

Family members can't add their own payment method. Only the organizer's card can be used. Buy/redeem Apple Gift cards to the account. Charges will be deducted from the account balance before the organizer's credit card is charged. The purchases can be shared.

Apple Card  -

Gift cards redeem.   *

Gift Card - can’t redeem.   *

Family sharing options

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.