Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can i family share a purchase from an Apple ID that is not a admin?

I want to add my Apple ID to my family’s family group on an Apple ID and I want to know if I can “share” some paid apps to the family even if I’m not the administrator for the family? Basically can my dad access procreate using family sharing on his iPad if I join the family.

thanks again

Posted on Dec 22, 2022 1:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2022 1:50 AM

Yes, all family members can contribute to the experience of sharing purchased apps.

What is Family Sharing? - Apple Support says, "When you set up purchase sharing, everyone in the family gets access to the apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books that family members buy. The content automatically appears on the Purchased page in the App Store, iTunes Store, Apple Books, or Apple TV app. Some items can't be shared.

However, a family member can also hide the purchase of an item. Hide purchases from the App Store has the advice, "If you don't want to see an app in your list of purchases in the App Store, you can hide it" and "When you hide an app in your purchase list, it will no longer appear in the list of your purchases in the App Store. The app will still appear in your complete purchase history in Settings."

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 22, 2022 1:50 AM in response to Ulle80

Yes, all family members can contribute to the experience of sharing purchased apps.

What is Family Sharing? - Apple Support says, "When you set up purchase sharing, everyone in the family gets access to the apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books that family members buy. The content automatically appears on the Purchased page in the App Store, iTunes Store, Apple Books, or Apple TV app. Some items can't be shared.

However, a family member can also hide the purchase of an item. Hide purchases from the App Store has the advice, "If you don't want to see an app in your list of purchases in the App Store, you can hide it" and "When you hide an app in your purchase list, it will no longer appear in the list of your purchases in the App Store. The app will still appear in your complete purchase history in Settings."

Can i family share a purchase from an Apple ID that is not a admin?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.