Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Quicktime Recording 10:55

When will apple fix this bug??!? QuickTime stops recording at exactly 10:55, under many different settings and circumstances.

It is obvious that several people have the same exact problem, since the Monterey update last year. We pay thousands upon thousands of dollars for apple products because they are just supposed to work. Some of us rely on these things for our lively hood, and for a sudden drastic change like this, obviously following an OSupdate, seems like apple can easily AT LEAST communicate to us and acknowledge that it is a bug.

Posted on Jan 23, 2022 12:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2022 11:33 AM

i noticed long ago that i had issues with my longer recordings. when i tried to set the save location of some of those recordings to any location other than "desktop" the recordings would stop and kick up an error message. once i started setting the save location to "desktop" i stopped having issues. and once saved to "desktop" i can manually move them to an external drive or other location without issue.

however, i noticed that with the recordings that are stopping at 10:55 min, they seem as though it is related to those using external cameras, and / or external microphones. if that describes your situation, you may want to peruse this other thread with this exact issue. https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253299248. but, as i don't have an external cam or mic, i cannot test this theory.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2022 11:33 AM in response to Corycheramie

i noticed long ago that i had issues with my longer recordings. when i tried to set the save location of some of those recordings to any location other than "desktop" the recordings would stop and kick up an error message. once i started setting the save location to "desktop" i stopped having issues. and once saved to "desktop" i can manually move them to an external drive or other location without issue.

however, i noticed that with the recordings that are stopping at 10:55 min, they seem as though it is related to those using external cameras, and / or external microphones. if that describes your situation, you may want to peruse this other thread with this exact issue. https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253299248. but, as i don't have an external cam or mic, i cannot test this theory.

Jan 25, 2022 6:01 AM in response to jeffreythefrog

Thank you for the reply. I am using a usb c hdmi capture device, recording from my dvr to QuickTime on my mbpro. I’ve tried changing all the power settings & all the other “try this” things, nothing works. Recordings stop at exactly 10:55. Since Monterey update late last year. This obviously calls for a bug fix, unless apple is just setting up for some kind of way to charge us money to record more than 10:55? Extremely frustrating either way. I wish someone from apple would acknowledge this.

Quicktime Recording 10:55

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.