Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple took all of my original playlists and 56Gigs of MY music when I cancelled their Apple Music app.

I was given the trial Apple Music app after purchasing air pods. I kept the service after the free period ended. I never realized that when I DID cancel they would take everything, including my old playlists and more than 11,000 songs that I had ripped off of old CD's or purchased online.

I need what I initially owned back. I have an old iPod that most of my music is on. I've turned WiFi and iCloud off so the music can't be stolen but I don't think I can put it back on the computer. btw NONE of the music on my iPod came from the apple app.

I checked my music folders and they are empty. I checked "about this Mac" and storage no longer shows my music.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I just want my (owned) music and playlists back.

Posted on Jan 23, 2022 3:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2022 3:50 PM

Ideally you would have backed up your library before starting your subscription. Or at the very least downloaded everything in the cloud before closing it. See Recover your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device - Apple Community.

tt2

3 replies

Apple took all of my original playlists and 56Gigs of MY music when I cancelled their Apple Music app.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.