Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AppleTV will show Photos in an album on my MAC, but not individual Photos

TVOS 15.1.1

macOS Monterey 12.1

Hi All, have an issue where photos from my iMAC library will only display on Apple TV from an Album (Computers>{my library}>Photos>Album) and not when selecting the Photos option (Computers>{my library}>Photos>Photos). Can select any Album and display photos, but just get gear wheel spinning until screen saver kicks in when selecting Photos. Not certain, but issue seems to be introduced either in TVOS v15.x or possibly in Monterey v12.x. Sharing all set up and working for albums, shared albums, music, but not individual photos.

Anyone else seen this issue?

Thanks, Nick

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jan 24, 2022 7:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2022 10:09 AM

The Computers app accesses the Home Sharing photos locally on your Mac, as specified on the Home Sharing settings.

If one of the shared photos isn’t a valid photo file or is missing, then that might cause issues. See if you can refresh the shared library by turning home sharing off and on. See if you can determine which files show in albums, and in reverse which might be causing the issue.

The Photos app accesses the iCloud Photos Library, so that depends on which photos and albums you have selected to sync with iCloud.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2022 10:09 AM in response to Edwan0558

The Computers app accesses the Home Sharing photos locally on your Mac, as specified on the Home Sharing settings.

If one of the shared photos isn’t a valid photo file or is missing, then that might cause issues. See if you can refresh the shared library by turning home sharing off and on. See if you can determine which files show in albums, and in reverse which might be causing the issue.

The Photos app accesses the iCloud Photos Library, so that depends on which photos and albums you have selected to sync with iCloud.

Jan 24, 2022 10:13 AM in response to Urquhart1244

Thanks for the quick reply and the info regarding the Photos app. My issue is all within the Computers app - so albums display photos, but using the Computers>{my library}>Photos>Photos option just hangs and doesn't display photos, even though the photo "thumbnails" are displayed before selecting Photos or Albums. If I cant get this to work, then I see the only option is to create a shared album (effectively iCloud based) and add photos to that shared album as that seems to work well either as a screen saver or by displaying via the Photos app on Apple TV.

AppleTV will show Photos in an album on my MAC, but not individual Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.