Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

BUG or UB: Music, videos, and playlist stop playing when phone is locked.

I use various music and video apps, such as VLC because Apple doesn’t support a LOT of codecs, FLAC for instance.

When I start a playlist, the first song plays fine. During the song, the phone locks and the song continues to play fine. But once that first song is finished, everything stops. It doesn’t continue. I’ve tried different apps and it’s the same. This is either a bug or unexpected, unintuitive behavior.

I hope this can be fixed soon.

thanks

iPhone SE

Posted on Jan 24, 2022 6:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2022 11:34 PM

If you are referring to music/songs other than on Apple Music, then I am sorry you will have to contact the App developer. Because Apple Music does not behave the way you have narrated.

If you are experiencing any difficulty with third-party apps then please contact the app developer directly --> How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2022 11:34 PM in response to Pigumon

If you are referring to music/songs other than on Apple Music, then I am sorry you will have to contact the App developer. Because Apple Music does not behave the way you have narrated.

If you are experiencing any difficulty with third-party apps then please contact the app developer directly --> How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

BUG or UB: Music, videos, and playlist stop playing when phone is locked.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.