Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

tvos 15.2 audio dropping/loss

Since 15.2 I've been losing audio both on my Apple TV 4k in general, and specifically within the my computer app streaming from my itunes server. The audio loss seems to mostly impact more recent video files, but also some older ones. I haven't yet figured out the exact common factor, but it seems to be occurring with LARGE video files predominantly, not smaller ones (mostly, but not always 4k videos, usually not 1080p videos). All are using AAC audio codecs. All dolby 5.1 encoding. On all 4 of my AppleTVs.

This was not happening in earlier versions of tvos (it POSSIBLE it was happening in 15.1 and I just missed it, certainly not happening in 15.0).

On top of that, since 15.1 and a lot in 15.2, the audio will just plain not work on my AppleTV until I've restarted it or power cycled it. Sometimes it takes a couple of tries. Usually it is that it doesn't work after waking up my AppleTV, not that all of the audio dies in the middle of something.

It is getting really frustrating. Especially the audio in movies dropping out. Pausing it and resuming fixes the audio (as does exciting and going back in, or fast forwarding and rewinding/scrubbing). However, the audio will drop again anywhere from about 30 seconds up to maybe 5 minutes later. It makes things basically unwatchable.

Posted on Jan 25, 2022 8:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2022 8:08 AM

This sounds like it maybe a networking issue. Before we go down that road please try the following:

·      Unplug Modem from it’s power source for 2-3 minutes and then plug it back in.

·      Unplug Router from it’s power source for 2-3 minutes and then plug it back in.

·      Unplug Apple TV from it’s power source for 2-3 minutes and then plug it back in and retest the system.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2022 8:08 AM in response to azazel1024

This sounds like it maybe a networking issue. Before we go down that road please try the following:

·      Unplug Modem from it’s power source for 2-3 minutes and then plug it back in.

·      Unplug Router from it’s power source for 2-3 minutes and then plug it back in.

·      Unplug Apple TV from it’s power source for 2-3 minutes and then plug it back in and retest the system.

tvos 15.2 audio dropping/loss

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.