Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod mini does not work with AppleMusic

I recently bought a HomePod mini with the idea of using it as a speaker for my mac mini and being able to listen to music using Siri even when the Mac mini is switched off.

Setting it up was **** as it gave errors (301003, 301014) and didn't fully configure itself. After restoring the HomePod from Windows a couple of times (with iTunes) I managed to get it set up, but then the problems with Apple Music started, no playback even though it was apparently playing; problems with TuneIn Radio when trying to tune in to local stations (there was always a problem with TuneIn or Apple Music). I'm sick of logging out of my AppleID and logging back in. This doesn't always work and the speakerphone experience is torture. I have Amazon alexa speakers and they have never given me a problem with Apple Music or internet radio tuners, and they cost a third of what a HomePod mini costs.

Can anyone give me a hand with this? my HomePod mini is upgraded to the latest version available (15.2) and so is the rest of my Apple ecosystem.

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Jan 25, 2022 11:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2022 2:46 PM

Everything is pointing to use iPhone, iPad and iPod for set up:

https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT208241

Similar questions

1 reply

HomePod mini does not work with AppleMusic

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.