Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

battery health 99% why???

I have a complain about my phone, I bought an iphone 13 pro max on 23 december 2021 which is roughly 35 days ago and today is 26 January 2022 and it's battery health has already dropped from 100% to 99%. I use original Apple 20watts charger with original iphone 13 pro max cable And i never charged phone in a rough way.

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 25, 2022 1:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2022 2:16 PM

Thanks to ASC User Lawrence Finch for this review.

Batteries are consumables; they lose a little capacity every time they are discharged, then recharged. On average this works out to about a 1% loss for every 25 “full charge cycles” ( some will be a little more, others a little less). As one example, if you charge the phone overnight, every night (and that is what you should do; it is a best practice), it starts the day at 100%. If it drops to 20% by the end of the day before you charge it again overnight that counts as 0.8 full charge cycles (20% to 100%), or about 24 full charge cycles per month of use. For this example your battery capacity will lose about 1% per month. Of course, if the end-of-day level is higher than 20% the capacity loss will be a little less, and if it is lower than 20%, or you charge it during the day, the capacity loss will be higher.

The absolute best way to improve the life of your battery long term is to enable Optimized Battery Charging (Settings/Battery/Battery Health) and charge the device overnight, every night. The battery will fast charge to 80%, then pause. During the night the phone will use mains power instead of battery power, allowing the battery to “rest”, and thus reducing the need to charge the battery quite as often. The phone will resume charging to reach 100% when you are ready to use your phone; it will “learn” your usage pattern. If you enable iCloud Backup (Settings/[your name]/iCloud - iCloud Backup) the phone will back up overnight also, assuring that you can never lose more than the current day’s updates.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2022 2:16 PM in response to Umarfarooq2721

Thanks to ASC User Lawrence Finch for this review.

Batteries are consumables; they lose a little capacity every time they are discharged, then recharged. On average this works out to about a 1% loss for every 25 “full charge cycles” ( some will be a little more, others a little less). As one example, if you charge the phone overnight, every night (and that is what you should do; it is a best practice), it starts the day at 100%. If it drops to 20% by the end of the day before you charge it again overnight that counts as 0.8 full charge cycles (20% to 100%), or about 24 full charge cycles per month of use. For this example your battery capacity will lose about 1% per month. Of course, if the end-of-day level is higher than 20% the capacity loss will be a little less, and if it is lower than 20%, or you charge it during the day, the capacity loss will be higher.

The absolute best way to improve the life of your battery long term is to enable Optimized Battery Charging (Settings/Battery/Battery Health) and charge the device overnight, every night. The battery will fast charge to 80%, then pause. During the night the phone will use mains power instead of battery power, allowing the battery to “rest”, and thus reducing the need to charge the battery quite as often. The phone will resume charging to reach 100% when you are ready to use your phone; it will “learn” your usage pattern. If you enable iCloud Backup (Settings/[your name]/iCloud - iCloud Backup) the phone will back up overnight also, assuring that you can never lose more than the current day’s updates.

Jan 25, 2022 2:09 PM in response to Umarfarooq2721

Umarfarooq2721 wrote:

I have a complain about my phone, I bought an iphone 13 pro max on 23 december 2021 which is roughly 35 days ago and today is 26 January 2022 and it's battery health has already dropped from 100% to 99%. I use original Apple 20watts charger with original iphone 13 pro max cable And i never charged phone in a rough way.

And there is no issue with your battery health at all, if there was you would see a message about it.

battery health 99% why???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.