You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music Lyrics Missing in iOS for some songs, but I can see the lyrics in the Apple Music app on my Mac and my Android

This is a strange one that I cannot figure out why. I have an Apple Music subscription. I can see lyrics on my iPhone on most songs.

However, I have some songs that on my iPhone it shows no lyrics. The button is grayed out and even if I long press the song and look at options there is no option to view or share lyrics. But yet, if I look at the exact same song on my Mac Apple Music, I see the lyrics. In addition and maybe even more weird, I can see the lyrics on my Android Apple Music app (since when is the Android app better than the iOS app?)

As an example, here is a song from Alter Bridge. Mac screenshot

And now iPhone screenshots:

No lyrics to be seen on the iPhone app. Both are streaming, songs added to my Library from Apple Music and my iCloud Music Library is synchronized across devices.

I had this on a Def Leppard song as well and went to my Mac, removed the song then went to Apple Music and re-added the song and suddenly my lyrics appeared on my iPhone with that song. I surely don't want to go do this for every song as I have quite a few that do not show lyrics only on the iPhone. I don't get it.

My iPhone was wiped/restored and set up as brand about 4 months ago new due to a different issue that Apple support helped me with. I'm going to log out of iCloud and back in -see if that helps

Anyone else see something similar?

iPhone 7

Posted on Jan 25, 2022 4:01 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2022 5:48 PM

Hey there, fewpix.

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities! Thanks for posting about the issue you've noticed with lyrics within the Apple Music app on your iPhone. We'd be glad to see how we can help you out.

It sounds like up to this point, you've done some great isolation. Is your iPhone 7 running the latest version of iOS? If not, we'd recommend backing up the iPhone and then updating. More info on both of those can be found in Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. After that's done, give See time-synced lyrics in Apple Music on your iPhone, iPod touch, or Android device a quick read and just verify that all of the settings are correct and try once more.

If the issue remains, Get Support directly from Apple here.

Take care.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 26, 2022 5:48 PM in response to fewpix

Hey there, fewpix.

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities! Thanks for posting about the issue you've noticed with lyrics within the Apple Music app on your iPhone. We'd be glad to see how we can help you out.

It sounds like up to this point, you've done some great isolation. Is your iPhone 7 running the latest version of iOS? If not, we'd recommend backing up the iPhone and then updating. More info on both of those can be found in Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. After that's done, give See time-synced lyrics in Apple Music on your iPhone, iPod touch, or Android device a quick read and just verify that all of the settings are correct and try once more.

If the issue remains, Get Support directly from Apple here.

Take care.

Jan 28, 2022 7:55 PM in response to Brian_P7

Yes, my iPhone is updated to latest version. The time lyrics link does not help at all. In case you didn't notice, I stated that I can view lyrics on the majority of songs, so my device has it all turned on. However, on SOME songs even though I see lyrics on my Mac and on my Android Apple Music, I cannot see those on my iPhone. Only on SOME songs, others I see the lyrics fine

I guess I have to contact Apple Support

Apple Music Lyrics Missing in iOS for some songs, but I can see the lyrics in the Apple Music app on my Mac and my Android

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.