Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CarPlay app won't load content untill I open it on the phone

Hi, I have an issue here:

I was using iPhone XR and connecting with Ford Focus CarPlay, and everything as running OK.

In recent month, I did a migration from XR to iPhone 13 Pro, and the issue appears:

• in certain Apps, e.g. Overcast, Plexamp, if I browse the playlist or content inside from the car screen, it's empty (it doesn't load for m)
  • if then I turn to the phone, open the corresponding App there, the content shows immediately from the car

Anybody have an idea here, please?

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Jan 26, 2022 11:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2022 6:05 PM

Hi Huang_bryan,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities. We understand CarPlay is not working properly, and we'd like to assist. It looks like you've come from a helpful article:

If you need help with CarPlay

Are you running the latest version of iOS 15.3? Have you checked for any potential firmware updates for your car? Are all your apps updated to the latest version?

We look forward to learning more about your issue.

Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 27, 2022 6:05 PM in response to Huang_bryan

Hi Huang_bryan,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities. We understand CarPlay is not working properly, and we'd like to assist. It looks like you've come from a helpful article:

If you need help with CarPlay

Are you running the latest version of iOS 15.3? Have you checked for any potential firmware updates for your car? Are all your apps updated to the latest version?

We look forward to learning more about your issue.

Take care.

CarPlay app won't load content untill I open it on the phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.