Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to ese shortcuts app for move files?

I'm a Macbook Pro user. I would like to move a file in the downloads folder (for example, an image file with the extension "jpg") to a folder named images with the shortcuts application. I've done this before with an app called the automator. But I can't do it with the shortcut app. How do i solve this problem?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Jan 27, 2022 12:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2022 9:19 AM

Thank you Luis,

I try this with Automator but some processor problems I have. Than I try to solve my problem with shortcuts but I have 1 problem too :) so I solve my problem with different solution. The solution you gave me didn't solve my problem, but it gave me an idea. Here it's my solution works:

Similar questions

5 replies

Jan 28, 2022 6:08 AM in response to Erdogun

Hello Erdogun,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities, and we'll be happy to help in any way we can. We understand you have questions about creating a custom shortcut on your Mac. Check out this article for information about creating custom shortcuts on our Mac: Create a custom shortcut on Mac

You can find more useful information about Shortcuts on Mac here: Shortcuts User Guide

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

Jan 28, 2022 6:20 AM in response to Erdogun

For one thing, Automator still works in Monterey.

I am a fan of Automator, and have been somewhat curious about Shortcuts.

As it happens, it is trivial to do this in Shortcuts.

You just:

1) Select Quick Actions on the left

2) Click the + button to add a new one

3) Select the types of acceptable files for this action (in this case, Images)

4) Add the Move File action, and choose the destination folder

To use this, just control-click the file in the Finder and select the appropriate Quick Action.

You can also, just like with Automator, add a keyboard shortcut to make this even quicker.

How to ese shortcuts app for move files?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.