Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Require passcode immediately

I hate the 'require passcode immediately' on new 15.2 update. I'm going to kill myself trying enter the manual passcode everytime my screen locks. Which is all the time. Face id does not recognize me with my mask on, sunglasses, at an angle while working or from a distance. This is so dangerous! I would like to have choice. We already have to enter our passcode just to get into the security. We need to lock our screens so that we don't accidentally call, text or do something weird on our phone, but always needing to have face id or manual passcode is ridiculous! Please change this. Of course we need our passcode, I don't want to fully disable it, but when I'm working etc... I need easy access for the amount of time desire.

Posted on Jan 27, 2022 7:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2022 5:15 AM

Do you have a corporate email account set up on your phone?

If so, the administrators can enforce policies on your phone, including passcode requirements, maximum timeout before passcode required, encrypted backups, etc.

4 replies

Jan 27, 2022 7:47 AM in response to cary298

FYIThese are user-only forums. This is not Apple Support. if you need to contact Apple Support, then contact product and tech support: ➔ Contacting Apple for support and service including international calling numbers. 

Furthermore, You can suggest this feature directly to Apple by leaving a product feedback here ➔Product Feedback - Apple 

Axel F.

Require passcode immediately

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.